Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trayvon Martin Case



Upon first hearing about what happened to Trayvon, I honestly felt a deep connection to the case as many others have. I felt a surge of sympathy for his family and friends; I felt anger towards George Zimmerman and his idiotic decision, and finally disappointment in the fact that we are still dealing with racially charged issues such as this one.  What made the connection to this case so much more significant for me, however, was the fact that I have dealt with racial profiling as well, both from people within and outside of my race, and this case drove me to thinking about how unfair all of these racially charged issues are. 
The Trayvon Martin case has been one of the most followed stories in the media lately. His death has evoked such a huge response from the American people. This case just showed me that although we have evolved so much as a nation, there is still so much that we still have yet to improve on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment