Thursday, March 8, 2012

Visible Children

We're familiar with the Kony 2012 YouTube video that got the attention of millions of people within a matter of days but what about Visible Children.
http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/
The Tumblr site ran by Grant Oyston sheds a more negative light on the campaign. Can it be a scam?
Oyston has gotten a lot of negative feedback from supporters of the Kony Campaign, however he did bring some good points into perspective. To gain more credibility from more people, Invisible Children is definitely going to need to be more open about what they are doing with their funding.
I agree that yes, something does need to be done, however, if I am going to give money to your organization, I want to know exactly what it is I am funding.
Oyston may be receiving a lot of backlash for his site, but I feel that he has every right to raise these questions. Be more specific about the allocation of funds if you want more support.

No comments:

Post a Comment